We are excited to announce the first plenary session of the recently launched AmCham EU Green Deal Working Group. Our keynote speaker will be Mr. Attila Steiner, Secretary of State for the Development of the Circular Economy, Energy and Climate Policy, Ministry for Innovation and Technology. Following his remarks, we will discuss local and EU-level challenges of the green energy transition with seasoned experts from MOL and BASF. The event will also give floor to corporate best practices in clean energy from Bosch, Tungsram, H1Systems and Infogroup.
Date: 10:00-12:00, April 16, 2021
The planned agenda of the event:
- Opening remarks by Péter Csucska, member of the AmCham Board and Thomas Narbeshuber, Lead of the AmCham EU Green Deal Working Group
- Policy update on the Hungarian government’s plans re. the EU Green Deal with Attila Steiner, Secretary of State for the Development of the Circular Economy, Energy and Climate Policy, Ministry for Innovation and Technology (20’)
- Corporate Session on Clean Energy
- Challenges of green energy transition: Ilona Vári, Head of EU Regulatory Affairs, MOL Group (10’)
- Clean Energy regulations from an EU perspective: Shradha Abt, Deputy Head of Office, EU Government Relations, BASF (10’)
- Joint Q&A with above speakers (15’)
- Corporate Best practices (5’ each)
- Electromobility - Dr. István Szászi, Head of Engineering Center Budapest, Robert Bosch Kft.
- Hydrogen – Joerg Bauer, President & CEO, Tungsram Group
- Energy efficient data centers - Attila Csehi, Senior Key Account Manager, H1 Systems
- The European Green Deal’s effects on our offices, plants and residences – Infogroup / Deloitte
The session will be moderated by Mr. Thomas Narbeshuber, Managing Director of BASF Hungary and Lead of the AmCham EU Green Deal Working Group.
To register to the event, please email zsofia.juhasz [at] amcham.hu before April 15, 2021.