At the XXXII. General Assembly on December 10, the AmCham membership elected Zoltán Szabó, Country General Manager of BT-ROC as President, succeeding Dr. Farkas Bársony after four successful years.
Dr. Dávid Kőhegyi, Local Partner, Head of Compliance and Investigations at DLA Piper Budapest won the contest for the second vice presidency, following the two-year tenure of Kevin A. Murray, Citi’s CEO for Central Europe.
Furthermore, four new board-members-at-large were selected by the members, Róbert Bencze, Director of People & Organization at PwC Hungary; Péter Csucska, Managing Director & General Manager of Lexmark International Technology Hungary; István Katona, Managing Director of Celanese Hungary and Orsolya Ludvig, Director of Marketing & Communication of NNG joining the governing body while Ildikó Beck, Ph.D., co-founder and owner of Beck to Nature was re-elected for another two years.
The new AmCham Board of Directors
- President: Zoltán Szabó, BT ROC, Country General Manager
- First Vice President: Edit Bencsik, TATA Consultancy Services, Alliance and Marketing Manager
- Second Vice President: Dr. Dávid Kőhegyi, DLA Piper Budapest, Local Partner & Head of Compliance and Investigations
- Secretary-Treasurer: Mike Carlson, KPMG Hungary, Partner
- Ildikó Beck, Ph.D., Beck to Nature, Co-founder and Owner
- Róbert Bencze, PwC Hungary, Director of People & Organization
- Péter Csucska, Lexmark International Technology Hungary, Managing Director & General Manager
- István Katona, Celanese Hungary, Managing Director
- Orsolya Ludvig, NNG, Director of Marketing & Communication
- Tímea Pesti, LeasePlan Hungary, Chief Executive Officer
- Melinda Topolcsik, Bridgestone Hungary, Managing Director
- Chief Executive Officer: Írisz Lippai-Nagy
- Dr. Farkas Bársony, Kondor Holding, CEO & Partner (AmCham President 2017-2020)
- Ferenc Pongrácz, Tungsram Group, General Manager - Innovation (AmCham President 2015-2016)
- Nathan Seifert, US Embassy, Commercial Counselor
- Chair: Dr. Andrea Jádi Németh, bpv Jádi Németh, Managing Partner, bpv Jádi Németh Attorneys at Law
- David Young
We would like to extend our sincere gratitude and appreciation to former president Dr. Farkas Bársony, former SVP Kevin A. Murray, and outgoing board-members-at-large Ákos Burján, Partner at PwC Hungary and Taira-Julia Lammi, Country Managing Director of ABB Hungary for their service on the board.
AmCham Hungary would also like to thank Bird&Bird, the Chamber's legal partner for supporting the event.
The detailed report of the assembly is coming soon.