The AmCham Board hosted a strategic meeting with working group leaders and Patron member CEOs to discuss the most important strategic areas the Chamber must focus on in the new Policy Agenda, our advocacy guide for the next five years.
“The policy agenda is a commitment to our mission to improve our country’s competitiveness, a statement of our goals and intentions in line with the needs and interests of the membership, as well as the basis of our work with decision-makers in the government and other stakeholders.” – said President Bársony in his opening remarks.
Following a presentation about the state of the economy and the drivers of growth by McKinsey & Company, the participants split into groups - lead by board members - to discuss the strategic areas and challenges AmCham should address in the future. Following the breakouts, the moderators summarized and shared the key takeaways with the participants.
Based on the discussion, the findings of the study and additional input from members, the board will define the focus areas for 2021-2025. In the current term, our advocacy work was focused on the four areas: Competitive Workforce, Digitalization, Innovation, Investment.
The final Policy Agenda will be published at the XXXII. General Assembly in December. Stay tuned for more information.
The process so far
- We worked with McKinsey & Company to gain a better understanding of the state of the Hungarian economy and prepared a study with the participation of many AmCham CEOs.
- At the policy task force meetings in September, we discussed the first findings of the study and gathered additional input from the members.
- Survey sent to AmCham CEOs to highlight the most important strategic areas.
- Strategic meeting with the AmCham leadership on September 29.
- VI. Business Meets Government Summit organized with the Hungarian Investment Promotion Agency on October 19 to gather further input for the Policy Agenda and the next "Cooperation for a More Competitive Hungary" recommendation package.
- Release at the XXXII. General Assembly
We would like to extend our sincere appreciation to the participants and Tungsram, Patron Members of AmCham for hosting the meeting.