COVID-19 has changed our lives drastically and businesses are facing the biggest challenge since 2008 financial crisis. The slow recovery process has begun, but there is still tremendous uncertainty around us about what is next.
At the VI. Business Meets Government Summit, we will discuss the lessons learned from the outbreak and the response as well as assess the priorities of the new normal.
This is a hybrid event - a limited number of guests can attend personally while the other participants can become a part of the discussion online.
Please note that we can only guarantee your place ONLINE since we reached capacity with the in-person registrations.
- Date: October 19, 2020 (Monday)
- Location: Online (platform TBC)
- Participation is free of charge.
09:00-09:10: Opening Discussion with Dr. Farkas Bársony, President, AmCham and Róbert Ésik, CEO, HIPA
Moderated by Írisz Lippai-Nagy, CEO, AmCham
09:10-09:30: Keynote Speech by Mihály Varga, Minister of Finance
09:30-10:00: Emerging From the Crisis as the Region’s Champion - The Drivers and Growth Potential of the Hungarian Economy
Presented by Levente Jánoskuti, Managing Partner, McKinsey & Company
10:00-10:25: CEO Panel I.
- Panelists: Balázs Rákossy, State Secretary for the Utilization of EU Funds; Ministry of Finance
- Róbert Keszte, General Manager; Continental Automotive Hungary
- Péter Szlávik, Director Corporate Affairs; PMI Hungary
- Moderated by: Joerg Bauer, President & CEO, Tungsram Group
10:25-10:50: CEO Panel II.
- Róbert Ésik, CEO; Hungarian Investment Promotion Agency (HIPA)
- Veronika Špaňárová, Citi's Chief Executive Officer for Hungary
- Prabal Datta, General Manager and Delivery Center Head of TCS in Hungary
- Moderated by: Zoltán Szabó, General Manager; BT Regional Operations Center, AmCham Board member
10:50-11:00: Closing Remarks by Dr. Farkas Bársony, President, AmCham
Please note that the online stream ends after the closing remarks.
11:00-11:30: Coffee Break
11:30-12:10: Breakout Discussions on the following Strategic Areas:
- Botond Besesek, Deputy State Secretary, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Finance
- Róbert Ésik, CEO, HIPA
- Moderated by: Ferenc Pongrácz, Chair, Investment Policy Task Force, AmCham
Competitive Workforce - in Hungarian
- Gáborné Pölöskei, Deputy State Secretary for Vocational Training and Adult Education, Ministry for Innovation and Technology
- Tünde Kis, Deputy CEO, HIPA
- Moderated by: Róbert Dobay, Chair, Competitive Workforce Policy Task Force
Innovation & Digitalization
- Balázs Dobos, Deputy State Secretary, Ministry for Innovation and Technology
- István Szabó, Vice President, National Research, Development, and Innovation Office
- Endre Spaller, Vice President, KIFÜ, Ministry for Innovation and Technology
- Márton Szabó, Deputy CEO, HIPA
- Hosted by Barna Erőss, Chair, Digitalization Task Force & Attila Ferik, Chair, Innovation Policy Task Force
12:10-14:00: Luncheon & Networking
The program is subject to change.
Please note that the plenary session of the event will be held in English without translation. The language of the breakout discussions will also be English with the exception of the Competitive Workforce breakout.
The VI. Business Meets Government Summit is supported by
The health and safety of our Members and Partners is of paramount importance for us, therefore, we introduced some preventive measures for our upcoming events and meetings:
- Wearing a mask during the entire event is obligatory.
- With your attendance you verify that you are completely healthy, do not have any symptoms and you have not been quarantined recently by the authorities.
- Your temperature will be checked upon entry.
To learn more about AmCham's precautionary measures, please read our guidelines.