Dear AmCham Member,
In the capacity of the President of the American Chamber of Commerce in Hungary (registered seat: 1051 Budapest, Szent István tér 11.) I cordially invite you to the
AmCham General Assembly and Board Elections
from 9:00 am to 11:00 am (CET) on Thursday, December 10, 2020
The General Assembly, traditionally the most high-profile AmCham event of the year, will take place ONLINE on December 10 via Microsoft Teams.
- The election of the Chairperson, the Keeper of the Minutes, the Vote Counting Committee, and the vote on the Annual Report of the Chamber for the period from December 2019 to November 2020 as well as the 2021 Annual Plan will be carried out via Microsoft Teams.
- The election of the President, Second Vice President and Board Members will happen via a web-based voting platform (details are listed in the attachment and more information will be sent later on)
Attachments (Please click on the name to reach the material)
Resolution of the Board of Governors on the rules for the meeting of the decision-making body of the American Chamber of Commerce in Hungary by means of electronic communications services and the manner in which these rules shall be communicated to members (the “Rules”)
Dr. Farkas Bársony
Important rules on the General Assembly
According to the By-Laws of AmCham, Article III. paragraph 3.1.8. “A General Assembly shall have a quorum if 20 % of the Members who are entitled to vote at General Assemblies are present. If the General Assembly does not have a quorum, another General Assembly can be called by the President no earlier than 30 minutes and no later than 30 days after the original General Assembly with the same agenda as the original General Assembly, and such second General Assembly shall be entitled to make resolutions by simple majority of those Members who are present at such second General Assembly if the possibility for such second General Assembly was communicated to the members in the invitation to the original General Assembly.”
Therefore, if there is no quorum at 9:00 am (CET), another General Assembly will be called for 9:30 am (CET) on the same day (December 10th, 2020) with the same Agenda ONLINE on Microsoft Teams and such repeated General Assembly shall be entitled to make resolutions by a simple majority of those Members who are present at such repeated General Assembly.
Please note that according to the By-Laws, Article III. Paragraph 3.1.14. “Each Member has the right to vote at the General Assembly except for Honorary Members and Members who have not paid their dues in full.”
I encourage you all to participate and express your opinion by exercising your voting right.
As per the By-laws (2.4.2.): “…Members who are entitled to vote at a General Assembly and are not able attend a General Assembly may exercise their voting rights at the General Assembly by proxy. However, they cannot exercise their voting rights by submitting votes using absentee voting ballots.”
If you wish to exercise your voting right by proxy please use the Registration Form and Power of Attorney.
As per the Rules (2.1): “…“voting ballots” will be available for members with voting rights at the General Assembly provided that they log into the General Assembly electronically prior to the presentation of the respective agenda item to be put on vote. The member who logs into the General Assembly by electronic means after the start of the presentation of the relevant agenda item shall not be entitled to participate in the vote.”
Details of the online Assembly
1. Registration and Attendance
- In order to participate, please email us the Registration Form by Wednesday, December 8, at the latest.
- Please note that we will only send the link to the Assembly to members who registered by sending the Registration Form via email and by the above deadline.
- On the day of the assembly, you can enter the meeting by clicking on the link shared with you. When entering the meeting please have your camera ON for identification purposes. Please do not forget to have an official identification document with a photograph with you.
- When entering the assembly via Microsoft Teams please make sure to use your name/company name you provided on the Registration Form.
- During the Assembly, please mute your microphone.
- We strongly advise you to enter the meeting between 08:15 and 8:45 am (CET) in order to have sufficient time for us for the legally required identification process.
2. Technical requirements
- Internet access (wired internet connection is recommended)
- Equipment with camera computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Teams application is recommended for downloading before the Assembly, however Microsoft Teams also works from browser
- We recommend using a headphone or headset
Voting at the Assembly
- The election of the Chairperson, the Keeper of the Minutes, the Vote Counting Committee and the vote on the Report on the activities as well as the 2021 Annual Plan will be carried out via Microsoft Teams.
- Elections of all Board positions will be held with a secret vote using BigPulse, a secure, GDPR compliant, certified web-based platform. No registration or downloading is required. Voting is anonymous.
- The access link to the voting platform will be sent to all registered voters at the beginning of the voting procedure at the Assembly to the email address provided on the Registration Form. The invitation email to the voting platform will contain an auto-sign-in link.
- When you click on the link, you will be automatically signed in to the vote and will see the available ballots.
- Proxy voting is available. Proxy voting and the proxy voter must be indicated on the Registration Form.
- After casting their vote, all voters can reconfirm their choice. Voters will receive a confirmation of their vote after the vote ends.
If you have any questions regarding the technical requirements please do not hesitate to contact us at peter.kovacs [at] amcham.hu
AmCham's General Assembly is supported by
Should you have any questions regarding the General Assembly, please do not hesitate to contact us at ildiko.berka [at] amcham.hu