ABOUT THE SUMMIT:
In 2015 AmCham - together with
The first two Summits sparked a meaningful dialogue with the government that AmCham and HIPA kept in motion throughout the years. We had the opportunity to meet Prime Minister Orbán and Minister
In 2017 we organize the third Summit to carry the momentum outlined by our “Cooperation for a more competitive Hungary” strategic working plan, incorporating our commitments and recommendations based on the discussions of the previous Summits and to further explore key challenges and priorities for improvement and to help develop a coherent national strategy to make Hungary more competitive. The enhancement of competitiveness, we believe, will not only result in an increased level of attracted FDI into the region and to Hungary, but will also make smart, sustainable and inclusive growth in Hungary possible.
The event is co-organized with our strategic partner, the Hungarian Investment Promotion Agency (HIPA).
OBJECTIVES OF THE SUMMIT:
- Provide opportunity for our members to shape our advocacy focus for 2018
- Gain commitment from the participating investors to contribute to the implementation of the recommendations
- Continue dialogue with the government at a ministerial level
- Discuss AmCham’s Cooperation for a more competitive Hungary recommendations at the state secretary level
The official language of the Summit will be English.
Host of the event:
08:30-09:00 Arrival and welcome coffee
09:00-09:15 Welcome remarks by AmCham President Dr. Farkas Bársony & HIPA President Róbert Ésik (confirmed)
09:15-09:45 Opening remarks by H.E. Péter Szijjártó, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade (confirmed)
09:45-09:55 Assessment of achievements and next steps based on the recommendation package titled “Cooperation for a more Competitive Hungary” by Dr. Farkas Bársony
Please note, that from here the event is closed
09:55-10:45 Hungary, from an investor’s perspective - Plenary panel discussion with invited State Secretaries and Government partners (60’) – Please note that the panel will be held in Hungarian, with translation to English.
Moderator: Ferenc Pongrácz, Lead of AmCham Investment Policy Task Force (confirmed)
- Dr. József Pálinkás, President, National Research, Development and Innovation Office
- István Lepsényi, State Secretary for Economic Regulation and Development, Ministry for National Economy
- Dr. Zoltán Viktor Maruzsa, Deputy State Secretary for Education, Ministry of Human Capacities
- Péter Cseresnyés, State Secretary for Labour Market and Vocational Education, Ministry for National Economy
- Dr. Tamás Deutsch, Prime Ministerial Commissioner for the Digital Welfare Program
Please note that the panel will be held in Hungarian, with translation to English.
10:45-11:00 Coffee break
11:00-12:15: Closed-door discussions between government decision-makers and corporate CEOs in the following topics:
- Investment Climate
- Competitive Workforce
- Innovation and R&D
12:15-12:30: Summary of
12:30-12:35 Closing remarks by Péter Gerendási, Board representative of the Investment Policy Task Force
12:35-14:00: Lunch and Networking
HOW TO REGISTER:
We would like to call your attention that the primary target audience of the summit is C-level executives and we can accept two registrations per company. The event is only open for members and for invitees of HIPA. AmCham members in good standing: HUF 19,050 /person including VAT.
To guarantee your seat, please register by e-mail to email@example.com by Friday, September 22. On-line registration for this event is not possible. Capacity is limited, registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis. Written cancellations made by September 22 receive a full refund. Late cancellations or “no-shows” will be charged.