Széchenyi István University, Győr and University of Rhode Island Announce New Executive Master of Business Administration (MBA) Double Degree Programme
- July 20, 2020
Upon successful completion of the programme, MBA degrees from both institutions will be conferred on the student. Importantly, URI is accredited by AACSB International – the longest-serving global accrediting body for business schools and a hallmark of excellence in business education.
Applications from Hungarian nationals for the MBA programme are cordially welcome.
For the 10 most outstanding candidates, scholarships funded by the National Bank of Hungary to cover tuition fees will be available. Applications to the programme are to be made by 11 August via the following link: https://felveteli.sze.hu (for Hungarian nationals only).
In addition, the programme is also open to international candidates. The deadline for applications is likewise 11 August via the following platform: https://admissions.sze.hu/double-degree-mba.
We recommend the double-degree MBA programme for those considering careers in business administration and searching for an effective path to rapid promotion.
For full details of the programme, please visit the following webpage: https://admissions.sze.hu/executive-mba-english-
Degrees to be earned: Upon successful completion of the program the following degrees will be conferred:
- Executive MBA degree (MBA) at Széchenyi István University (Győr)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) at the University of Rhode Island (Kingston, RI, USA)
Length of Study: 4 terms
Credits to be obtained:
- 120 credits (Széchenyi István Egyetem, Győr)
- 42 credits (University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI, USA)
Skills & Competencies
In today’s rapidly changing economy, businesses expect you to be not only critical thinkers and problem-solvers, but also to possess the practical knowledge and experience necessary to succeed.
Students will be able to lead in changing organizational situations, managing in a diverse global context, think creatively to make sound decisions and exercise good judgment under uncertainty and integrate knowledge across business fields. Our double-degree MBA program prepares leaders to rise to these expectations within an environment that fosters knowledge acquisition, retention, and practical learning.
With the double MBA degree you will:
- not only acquire the required knowledge base due to the strong practical and professional orientation of the program, but you will also be able to work and make decisions independently utilizing critical thinking,
- leverage your solid theoretical knowledge and leadership skills in practical situations; be able to plan, manage, and be in charge of work processes as well as groups of people in the business and public sectors, both at domestic and international levels,
- be capable of diagnosing business problems, collecting and analyzing information, and recommending solutions to problems,
- be able to identify strategic issues and offer relevant solution techniques,
- be familiar with managing and developing business processes and procedures utilizing appropriate communication practices, and
- be knowledgeable of the relevant professional literature and apply it to solve practical issues.
- an undergraduate degree from an accredited university or college,
- English language requirement: minimum scores of 80 on TOEFL iBT (taken within the past two years), or minimum scores of 6.5 on IELTS (taken within the past two years), or minimum scores of 105 on Duolingo (taken after February 3, 2020), *
- a “Statement of Intent” **(max. length of 1-1.5 pages) written in English that outlines your prior educational and professional experience as well as your purpose of taking the MBA program, and
- an oral interview (with representatives of both universities via an online video platform).
* The English language requirement may be waived if your undergraduate degree was awarded by a university or college where the language of instruction was exclusively English, or if you have several years (min. 2-3 years) of work experience at a company, institution, or international organization with English being the common work language.
**Supplementary materials on how to write your "Statement of Intent":