Name: Sándor SÖPKÉZ
Company: EastEuroCo Executive Search Group
Position: Managing Partner
AmCham Membership Category: Individual Member
Managing Partner of EastEuroCo Executive Search Group (1991- )
Developed and manages EastEuroCo in Central and Eastern Europe including Hungary, Rumania, Adriatic region, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Czech Republic, etc. Has managed more then 1400 searches in the past 29 years.
EastEuroCo is member of Cornerstone International Group, and also member of AESC/ Association of Executive Search Consultants.
Created www.exportboard.hu a database based service to support expanding Hungarian organization in the region and globally.
Other related activities
1998 - 2008 CSR
Supported, sponsored and co-organized more then 50 Contemporary fine art exhibitions in the Olof Palme House, Citypark, Budapest.
Member and active in the Amcham, Joint Venture Association MGYOSZ and Vienna economic Forum.
Budapest University of Economics 1989
Tennis, Golf, Cruising.
Why do you think membership in the American Chamber of Commerce is important for businesses operating in Hungary?
Amcham has been an important player in Hungarian marketplace to network, update ourselves with most recent legislative and politic-social developments of the general business environment, the administration of Hungary and business people, in the past 30 years. I do hope that this feature is sustainable for the future, and Amcham will continue to example success cases for FDI and successfully settled investors in Hungary. Additionally on the inverse too since exports and capital export is of more and more importance and need for the future of Hugarian economy, - AmCham could also develop itself towards efficiently advising Hungarian businesses on how to start up and expand in the American market.
What motivates you to be an AmCham Board Member?
Serving Amcham on the membership committee and on the Board in 1995-2000 I learned and benefited a lot from the philosophy and values of what Americans established in Hungary after the fall of Iron Curtain in our business community. Altough our local economy has developed a lot in the past 30 years, I think those values are still to actual to represent and spread. I do have the time and engagement to dedicate myself to volunteer work.
Why do you feel you are qualified? What skills do you bring to the position of Board Member?
- Out of the box thinking,
- I always stand up for my thoughts and values.
- I have good understanding of economic trends, having the helicopter view.
- I have experience in doing business in CEE region for 29 years which I can bring to table.
- I act promptly, I m a born pioneer , expanded business to the neighbouring countries already in the early 1990 years
- I Created www.ExportBoard.hu platform which contains 2000+ experienced personel to support organizations with human resources in efficiently expanding abroad and concurring foreign markets.
- As pioneer in CSR during 1998-2008, I sponsored and organized contemporary art exhibitions and functions in the Olof Palme House/City Park.
- I bring a solid HR and selection knowledge, enterprenuer thinking and spririt. I have been an active AmCham member for almost 30 years and led membership Committee for a while. I think historical experience can be an asset for the New Board, this is why I submitted my candidacy.
How have you been active in AmCham over the course of the last two years?
In the last 2 years I actively participated events, committee meetings (HR), attended General Assemblies, and many Amcham functions.