Policy Task Forces
Two years ago the AmCham community launched a new way of working and the AmCham Policy Agenda 2015-2017 to rejuvenate and redefine the focus of our organization. Since 2015 we had several success stories and also experiences we can build on today. In preparing for the Policy Agenda 2017-2020 the AmCham Board sat down last week with Policy Task Force and Committee leaders and our Patron members to analyze where we are now and where AmCham is headed in the next 3 years, and also to reinforce our advocacy work.
One of the most important inputs was a greater need to focus on new trends, mainly positioning Hungary in the digital era. Therefore the AmCham Board, together with the Policy Task Force and Committee leadership, decided to set up a new Policy Task Force named Digitalization.
At the same time the AmCham leadership also decided to consolidate two highly interrelated PTFs – Talent and Healthy Nation – by creating the new Competitive Workforce PTF. This new professional group will work with the membership in order to widen the labor market supply in Hungary and to promote mental and physical health awareness programs, among others.
The other focus area of the Healthy Nation PTF, namely challenges and opportunities of the Health Industry will be discussed under the Investment Policy Task Force, as are all other sector specific issues, such as Electronic Manufacturers or SSCs.
In summary the four Policy Task Forces AmCham will have in the future are the following:
The following PTF merged into the Competitive Workforce PTF:
Healthy nation - 2015 - JANUARY 2017
Policy Task Forces are professional groups, which incorporate the brainpower and expertise of our member companies. Activities of the four Policy Task Forces are in line with the policy objectives as defined in the Policy Agenda 2015-2017. Policy Task Force meetings are organized regularly.
For more information about Policy Task Force meetings in 2016 please, click here.
Policy Task Force Meeting Schedule in 2017
Investment Policy Task Force - Pledge to make investment and reinvestment a priority
- 15:00-17:00, January 11 (Wednesday)
- 15:00-17:00, March 22 (wednesday)
- 15:00-18:00, April 27 (Thursday)
- 15:00-17:00, June 14 (Wednesday)
- 15:00-17:00, September 6 (Wednesday)
- 15:00-17:00, November 15 (Wednesday)
Competitive Workfoce Policy Task Force - Foster cross-sector cooperation to educate & retain talent
- 17:00-18:30, February 8 (Wednesday)
- 17:00-18:30, March 16 (Thursday)
- 17:00-18:30, May 24 (Wednesday)
- 17:00-18:30, September 27 (Wednesday)
- 17:00 - 18:30, October 25 (Wednesday)
- 17:00-18:30, November 29 (Wednesday)
Innovation Policy Task Force - Identify innovation as a cornerstone of macroeconomic policy
- 08:30-10:00, January 19 (Thursday)
- 08:30-10:00, February 21 (Tuesday)
- 08:30-10:00, March 23 (Thursday)
- 08:30-10:00, May 16 (Tuesday)
- 08:30-10:00, September 21 (Thursday)
- 08:30-10:00, November 16 (Thursday)
Digitalization Policy Task Force
- 08:30-10:00, March 2 (Wednesday)
- 16:00-17:30, April 25 (Tuesday)
- Upcoming meetings will be announced soon