Policy Task Forces
In 2014 AmCham Hungary decided to revisit the way it operates in order to:
- communicate to members and all other stakeholders its vision, mission and strategies
- channel the opinion of members on a planned, structured manner to the government
- create the platforms for our members to contribute and
- establish regular, well-planned and documented discussion with the decision makers
As a first step in fall 2014 AmCham Hungary reconfirmed its mission: “To be the most effective representative of the business community in Hungary, while promoting the global competitiveness of the country“, and defined the World Economic Forum Competitiveness Report to be the measurement in reviewing progress made in this area.
Through deep analyses of the 12 Pillars of the Report, AmCham Hungary defined those 4 areas where AmCham can impact on improving the competitiveness of the country, being: Investment, Talent, Innovation, Healthy Nation. A strategic document, called the “Policy Agenda 2015-2017” was compiled to detail the challenges, the recommendations and commitments in these 4 respective areas.
At the same time the Policy Task Forces (PTF) were set up and annual flagship events and forums were launched for each focus area to provide platform for our members to join and input into the advocacy topics.
In June 2017 AmCham Hungary issued its second Policy Agenda 2017-2020 with the following 4 focus areas:
The following PTF merged into the Competitive Workforce PTF:
nation- 2015 - JANUARY 2017
Policy Task Forces are professional groups, which incorporate the brainpower and expertise of our member companies. Activities of the four Policy Task Forces are in line with the policy objectives as defined in the Policy Agenda 2015-2017. Policy Task Force meetings are organized regularly.
As a result of this more organized and structured advocacy flow, our activities are easier to plan and to explain to key stakeholders. Our members have a better understanding of our next steps and where they can tap in to advocacy topics. Our government partners also welcome the structure, as they can now count on our recommendations, making it easier to plan the discussions and prepare ahead.
Policy Task Force Meeting Schedule in 2018
Investment Policy Task Force - Pledge to make investment and reinvestment a priority
- 15:00-17:00, February 1 (Thursday)
- 15:00-17:00, April 10 (Tuesday)
- 15:00-17:00, May 31 (Thursday)
- 15:00-17:00, September 6 (Thursday)
- 15:00-17:00, November 8 (Thursday)
Workfoce Policy Task Force - Foster cross-sector cooperation to educate & retain talent
- 17:00-18:30, February 12 (Monday)
- 17:00-18:30, April 4 (Wednesday)
- 17:00-18:30, May 16 (Tuesday)
- 17:00-18:30, September 11 (Tuesday)
- 17:00-18:30, November 14 (Wednesday)
Innovation Policy Task Force - Identify innovation as a cornerstone of macroeconomic policy
- 10:00-11.30 January 18 (Thursday)
- 08:30-10:00, February 1 (Thursday)
- 08:30-10:00, March 21 (Wednesday)
- 08:30-10:00, April 25 (Tuesday)
- 08:30-10:00, August 29 (Wednesday)
- 09:00-10:30, November 16 (Friday)
Digitalization Policy Task Force
- 16:00-18:00, February 20 (Tuesday)
- 16:00-18:00, April 12 (Thursday)
- 16:00-18:00, May 24 (Thursday)
- 16:00-18:00, September 13 (Wednesday)
- 16:00-18:00, November 5 (Monday)