AmCham provides members with an opportunity to actively and directly participate in defining, developing, discussing and resolving issues of common interest impacting the operations of their respective businesses and organizations. Through active member participation and cooperation with Policy Task Forces and Committees, AmCham strives to create a space for a thriving and dynamic business scene in Hungary.
AmCham Hungary represents the interest of the entire membership to make ‘doing-business’ in Hungary easier, more efficient and reliable. According to its new strategy AmCham will use a Policy Agenda as a guideline for its Advocacy efforts each year.
Our way of working:
- Collective interest – on behalf of a given sector or the entire membership
- Issues verified by expert members (AmCham Committees)
- Regulations serving the interest of all actors of the Hungarian economy
We continuously talk to the decision makers about issues effecting business conduct in Hungary. To make these efforts as efficient as possible we have entered a number of cooperation agreements with the government since 2011.
AmCham is a network. The power of networks was one of our Visionary event topics in 2014 and the words of Professor Barabási reinforced us incorporating the idea of network in our new strategy: „if networks are expanding, links will want to join the most popular hubs. […] It is hubs that make the difference.”
AmCham Hungary provides Exclusive Networking Possibilities to its members in order to have various opportunities to interact on a formal business level as well as a social level exist through various types of events:
- Regular monthly events (Business Forums, Seminar & Cocktails)
- Conferences (regular conferences on taxation, diversity, labor and education issues)
- Ad hoc business events (Global Leaders on the AmCham Podium, Career School)
- Networking events (Business After Hours, Insight dinners)
- Special events (Independence Day Family Party, Thanksgiving Dinner, Annual Sports Day, U.S. Election Night Party)
Through Participation At These Events You Will:
- Meet with high-level speakers
- Gain knowledge in a niche area presented by an expert on the matter
- Directly inform, and gain feedback from, business leaders in the Hungarian economy about new marketing campaigns and corporate strategies in Hungary
- Show commitment to improve the global competitiveness of Hungary
- Gain exposure in the media, print, broadcast and online
For AmCham knowledge as a strategic area stands for the professional expertise represented by our members, the education which in the long term impacts competitiveness and innovation which can be a unique selling point for attracting FDI. AmCham is in a unique position to synthetize the brainpower of hundreds of experts in a variety of topics and issues. We must leverage this strength, building on our traditionally strong committee network.
+ BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
- Publications: Annual Report, Journal - AmCham's bimonthly paper and ad hoc publications, containing important information about the business scene
- Publicity on the AmCham website: member-to-member offer, members’ release, member's events
- Sponsorship and advertising opportunities
- Access to online Membership Directory
- Information on other AmCham organizations across Europe
- Membership surveys
- Mailing list
On top of that, the Chamber is a member of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and also of a large umbrella organization called AmChams in Europe representing companies with close to 20 million employees and 1100 billion € worth of investment, providing members of AmCham Hungary get access a wide European network.