Hilton Budapest named as Hungary’s Leading Hotel 2018 at the 25th Edition of the World Travel Awards Europe
- July 04, 2018
The 2018 Europe Gala Ceremony which took place in Athens, Greece on 30 June, saw Hilton Budapest take the win for one of the 19 awards won by Hilton properties, as voted by travel and tourism professionals globally.
Recognition as Hungary’s leading hotel highlights the hotel’s newly renovated interior, and its commitment to providing great leisure & conference facilities such as various indoor & outdoor venues, meeting rooms for diversified events and hotel rooms with unforgettable views.
Zoltán Árvai, general manager, Hilton Budapest, said, “It is an honour to have been recognised by the World Travel Awards 2018. The award is testament to the genuine passion and dedication our hotel puts into going the extra mile for our guests. Thank you to all of our amazing Team Members at Hilton Budapest who are the heart of Hilton; without them we wouldn’t have been recognised for this great achievement.”
Hilton was recognised in the following categories at the 2018 World Travel Awards for Europe:
- Europe’s Leading Airport Hotel: Hilton London Heathrow Airport
- Europe’s Leading Business Hotel: Hilton London Bankside
- Europe’s Leading Conference Hotel: Hilton Molino Stucky Venice
- Europe’s Leading MICE Hotel: Hilton London Bankside
- Austria’s Leading Business Hotel: Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront
- Austria’s Leading Hotel: Hilton Vienna Plaza
- Austria’s Leading Hotel Suite: Penthouse Presidential Suite @ Hilton Vienna
- Belarus’s Leading Business Hotel: DoubleTree by Hilton Minsk
- Cyprus’s Leading Business Hotel: Hilton Cyprus
- England’s Leading Business Hotel: London Hilton on Park Lane
- Finland’s Leading Hotel: Hilton Helsinki Strand
- Germany’s Leading Business Hotel: Hilton Munich Park
- Greece’s Leading Business Hotel: Hilton Athens
- Hungary’s Leading Hotel: Hilton Budapest
- Italy’s Leading Conference Hotel: Hilton Molino Stucky Venice
- Poland’s Leading Business Hotel: Hilton Gdansk
- Romania’s Leading Business Hotel: Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest
- Romania’s Leading Hotel: Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest
- Spain's Leading Business Hotel: Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona
The prominent World Travel Awards, established in 1993 to acknowledge, reward and celebrate excellence in the sector, have become a key global institution of the industry, and is recognised as the ultimate hallmark of quality worldwide.
More information on the categories and winners of the World Travel Awards 2018 can be found at https://www.worldtravelawards.com/winners/2018/europe.
About Hilton Budapest
The freshly renovated Hilton Budapest is enviably positioned in historic Buda Castle District with the best access to the most outstanding tourist attractions of the Hungarian capital and connected to the city side Pest with flexible means of transportation. The rich heritage and the expertise of the Hilton brand combined with 322 spacious rooms, state of the art meeting facilities and spectacular views unique to the property make it one of Budapest’s most irresistible hotels to stay. To book a reservation at Hilton Budapest, please visit hilton.com/Budapest or call +36 1 889 6922.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising more than 5,300 properties with more than 863,000 rooms, in 106 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose exactly how many Points to combine with money, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, and free standard Wi-Fi. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.