Our mission is to encourage a constructive dialogue among the members of the working group on how to integrate facilities management processes within an organization to maintain and develop the agreed services that support and improve the effectiveness of an organization’s primary activities.
The Facility Management Working Group was established in 2009 and the Board of AmCham upgraded it to a Committee in 2012. In 2019, the committee was renamed Workspace and Facilities Management Committee to reflect the widened scope of activities of our working group.
The Committee will remain focused on providing interesting and useful information to its members; the introduction of new trends and handling hot issues within the area of facility management. We wish to keep and strengthen our good working relationship amongst our members within AmCham, as well as other professional organizations. We encourage new companies to join the Committee!
The committee plans to:
- Provide a platform for regular professional input and oversight on facilities related matters as well as office industrial trends in general, including workforce related topics;
- Encourage the exchange of opinions and experiences of AmCham member companies;
- Continue the practice of holding our quarterly meetings in different venues which provides a wider insight into the operation of many different companies;
- Maintain a fast reacting communication system – circular e-mails among members – which helps generate an immediate response to any significant WFM related practical issues;
- Hold an open committee meeting which helps to promote our activities outside of AmCham.
Main activities and achievemts in 2018
At our first meeting in February, hosted at the AmCham Office, committee members discussed in an informal setting the trends in Facilities Management and the everyday challenges faced by facilities professionals.
At the second meeting, we talked about what contributions FM can make to a larger employer branding strategy. Our facilitator, Tamás Barathi from Colibri HR Solutions, briefed us on the most recent research into the general mindset and workplace expectations of generation Y and Z employees.
In June we met at the business unit of CooperVision to discuss the similarities and crucial differences between the WELL green certificate system and the LEED and BREEAM systems. Our facilitator, László Németh from Futureal, gave a comprehensive insight into the topic.
Our fourth meeting in 2018 was hosted by Vodafone, where we invited the strategic projects lead of HB Reavis, Tomáš Meliško to give an account of leading edge office technology trends, and to demonstrate what these technologies mean in practice.
As in years past, we concluded our year at the Eiffel Palace office of CBRE, where Judit Varga, head of offices, analyzed the latest trends in the office market, and how it is reaching a point of saturation. We also discussed how technology is increasingly reshaping office nvironments.
*To read the Annual Reports of the previous years, please click here.
*For more details on our upcoming projects and events for 2019 please contact the committee chair or the coordinator.