Budapest Flag Football League kicks off on August 29 - Sign up now!
- August 05, 2019
What is flag football?
Flag football is a simplified version of American football with similar rules but instead of tackling the opponents, defenders must remove a flag or a flag belt from the ball carrier to end the down. Contact is not permitted thus no helmets and pads are required.
If you want to have fun, compete, learn more about the game you see on TV or meet new people, do not miss the opportunity to sign up to the Budapest Flag Football League!
About the league
- Each team will feature at least 8 players. If you do not have 8 players, the league can fill your roster with registered individual players.
- Teams play 40 minute games with a running clock.
- The game is played on one half of regular football field.
- Games are held once a week on a weekday (probably on Tuesday) at 19.00.
- All teams play each other once in the 7-week season
- On the eighth week, a playoff series will be organized featuring the best four teams with the championship game to finish the season.
- The youth league will be launched during the spring. Stay tuned for more information.
Registration is still open.
There are only FOUR slots available.
- Send your application to Budapest Cowbells coach Troy Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org until August 15 the latest.
- Individual registrations are also welcome!
- Participation fee is 15000 HUF / player paid before the beginning of the season. The fees cover the footballs, referees, flags, field and administration costs. Please note that the payment is non-refundable.