Announcement: Application Now Open for Two PTF Lead and Five Commitee Chair Positions
- April 23, 2019
Dear AmCham Members!
AmCham Hungary would like to announce that two Policy Task Force (PTF) Lead and five Committee Chair positions are open for applications as of April 23, 2019:
Policy Task Forces:
- Competitive Workforce
- Electronic Manufacturers’
- Governance and Transparency
PTF Leads and Committee Chairs are elected for a 2-year period with the right to exercise an option for another 2 years and can be re-elected as many times as they wish to stand for re-election.
Please note that vacant positions are only open to employees of members in good standing (companies who paid their due membership fees in full).
- When applying for a Policy Task Force Lead position:
Please note that the information you submit during the election procedure will be shared with and applications will be voted on by the AmCham Board.
- When applying for a Committee Chair position:
Please note that the information you submit during the election procedure will be shared with, and applications will be voted on by registered members of the respective Committee. Each member company represented in a Committee may cast a single vote on their preferred candidate. Submissions and results of the Committee voting will be shared with the AmCham Board, as selecting the Committee Chair lies within the jurisdiction of the AmCham Board.
The Board will pick the new Leads and Chairs by June 30, 2019 and they are set to take office on September 2, 2019.
To learn more about the election procedure, please read the Election Procedure and Candidate Form.
Should you wish to apply for one of the above positions, please fill out the Candidate Form, providing a brief outline on how you envision leading the PTF or Committee, and other relevant information by the following guidelines:
- provide a professional background in a short, bio-format;
- share information on your previous roles / activities / achievements in AmCham Hungary; or in other relevant chambers and organisations;
- provide an overview of your vision and mission regarding the PTF’s / Committee’s goals and working plan for the 2019-2021 term.
Preferred length: 300-350 words
Photo: Please submit your photo in (.jpg) or (.png) format.
Deadline: All candidates should submit their written application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org until 12:00 PM on 20 May.
More information on Committee and PTF activities
Both Policy Task Forces and Committees provide the foundation of AmCham activities and are based on highly professional voluntary work. For more information about the work of the PTFs and Committees, please visit the following sections of our website:
You can also find the AmCham Annual Reports of previous years, summarizing the work of PTFs and Committees at the following link: http://www.amcham.hu/annual-reports
In the name of the AmCham Board of Directors, I would like to express our sincere appreciation to all outgoing officials for their dedicated service:
- Innovation PTF leads Csaba Márkus (Deloitte) and Joerg Bauer (Tungsram),
- Competitive Workforce PTF lead Dr. Andrea Juhos (Lee Hecht Harrison),
- Electronic Manufacturers Committee Chair Dr. László Ábrahám (NI Hungary),
- Governance and Transparency Committee Chair László Czirják (former President, Honorary Member),
- HR Committee Chair Zsolt Fehér (Hogan Assessment Systems) and
- Tax Committee Chair Botond Rencz (EY).
For years, you have represented our organization and our values with the utmost professionalism and your exemplary leadership was essential to the success of the Chamber's advocacy work.
We are looking forward to continuing our work with the same motivation and commitment for a more effective AmCham and a more competitive Hungary.
Chief Executive Officer