Our mission is to increase Hungary's competitiveness by enhancing the country's attractiveness for investments. AmCham is dedicated to build Hungary be a competitive business location.
Members of the Investment Policy Task Force („Investment PTF”) represent a wide range of sectors and work closely to foster the mission. The Investment PTF thrives to achieve sustainable growth and enhanced competitiveness in an innovation driven global environment. The PTF suggests more focus on high value-added industries, building on the competitive advantages of existing, well–developed sectors such as, but not limited to, the pharmaceutical, electronics manufacturing and mechanical engineering industries, the shared service (BSS), ICT, financial and professional services sectors.
The Investment Policy Task Force has defined three main objectives:
- Create an investor-friendly business environment to increase total investments with special regard to attracting high value-added new investments.
- Invented in Hungary: Encourage a shift to a knowledge-based economy.
- Align Hungary's education strategy to its new investment strategy
FDI and business activities by multinational companies continue to play a key role in the modernization of the Hungarian economy. FDI inflow not only provides additional capital but increases productivity and competitiveness and acts as a multiplier when working with Hungarian SMEs.
AmCham Investment PTF Lead:
- Ferenc Pongrácz, Tugsram, General Manager - Innovation
- Kevin A. Murray, CEO & Managing Director, CITI Central Europe
- Zoltán Szabó, General Manager, BT Global Services - EMEA Regional Operations Centre
Investment PTF related news :
- Investment PTF Discussion on the Goals and Directions of the New Policy Agenda 2021-2025
- Investment PTF held an online meeting on the new Hungarian government decree on measures necessary for the protection of strategic companies
- Investment PTF Reviews WEF World Competitiveness Ranking with Péter Vakhal, Kopint-Tárki
For archived content please click HERE…