Our mission is to improve and recognize innovation and R&D as a driving force of economic growth and a competitive edge for Hungary, while representing the needs of businesses to enhance this development.
AmCham is dedicated to supporting the creation of an enabling innovation environment in Hungary. The Innovation Policy Task Force recognizes a positive trend in making Hungary an attractive location for R&D centers and value added investments. In 2020, the PTF focused on fostering dialogue on its key recommendations with regards to COVID-19 impacts and innovation as a key factor to economic resilience. A major initiative this year is the Health Industry initiative to provide input for the Hungarian Healthcare reform.
The Innovation Policy Task Force has defined four main objectives for the 2017- 2020 period:
- Focus on innovation as a cornerstone of macroeconomic policy;
- Encourage long-term cooperation between large enterprises, SMEs and academia on R&D projects;
- Stimulate high-value added R&D projects that lay a solid groundwork for sustainable growth after 2020;
- Create scalable pilot opportunities driven by future technologies and innovation
AmCham Innovation PTF Lead:
- Attila Ferik, Senior Director, Software Engineering, GE Healthcare
- Dr. Dávid Kőhegyi, Local Partner, Head of Compliance and Investigations, DLA Piper Budapest
Innovation PTF related news:
For archived content please click HERE…